At Baril Engine, we believe our team members are our greatest asset. Our company growth continues to create new opportunities and skill requirements. Baril Engine is adding an Engine Machinist Apprentice to our team.
Cylinder Head and Engine Machinist Apprentice
Job Type: Paid, full time position with full benefits.
Hours: Monday through Friday, between the hours of 7am-4:30pm, position may require overtime.
Description: This paid full-time entry-level position will provide the hands-on training, course work and work experience to become a AERA Certified Cylinder Head and Engine Machinist. An Engine Machinist rebuilds or modifies the components of an engine after they have been removed from a vehicle.
- Develop the skills to become a Master Engine Machinist at Baril Engine Rebuilding, Inc.
- Work within a team, in a fast-paced ever-changing environment, in a positive and a professional manner.
- Develop and maintain expertise on machining and remanufacturing engine components including cylinder heads, blocks, crankshafts and/or connecting rods.
- Develop and maintain expertise with manual machining equipment, pneumatic tools, precision gauges, measuring instruments and equipment.
- Learn and maintain shop safety practices and procedures.
- Safely move, load, and unload engines and engine components using physical labor, hand carts, overhead jib cranes hoists, and/or forklift trucks.
- A person of high standards and character that has a proven track record of reliability.
- Ability to maintain a high attention to detail and precise workmanship while being highly productive.
- Strong mechanical aptitude, the ability to quickly understand how something mechanical works.
- A strong interest in engines, engine components, and performing hands on mechanical machining work.
- Strong basic math skills and the ability to learn “Engine Math”
- This position requires the ability to lift, push, pull, and/or carry up to 75 lbs., upper body movement, bending, stooping, squatting, twisting and the ability to stand up to 8 hours per shift.
- Ability to learn how to use machining and resurfacing equipment, use micrometers, calipers, measuring and inspection tools, hand & pneumatic tools, overhead hoists, and forklift trucks.
- A Self-motivated person that is able to work in a team environment with a positive attitude.
- Accredited technical school program students and/or graduates are preferred.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, qualifications or physical demands associated with the position.
Baril Engine Rebuilding, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected by law.