If you want a career in the Engine Building Trade, this is a great opportunity! If you have or are working on your technical degree as a mechanic or machinist, we will provide additional hands-on training and coursework to advance your skills and earn the industry-recognized Engine Builders Association (AERA) certification.
The Engine Disassembly & Inspection Technician position provides an excellent opportunity for you to learn the ins and outs of a wide range of engines and engine components. This position is where most of our master engine machinists and builders started!
Position Title: Engine Disassembly & Inspection Technician
Job Type: Full time position with full benefits.
Hours: Monday through Thursday, 6am-4:30pm. During our busy season, this position may require overtime, including Fridays.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Disassemble, clean, inspect, and prepare gas and diesel engines and/or engine components for machining and rebuilding while strictly adhering to all safety and quality guidelines and regulations.
- Photograph, label, and/or organize engines, engine components, and parts in a manner that protects them from damage and simplifies their reassembly.
- Interact positively and professionally with customers and co-workers.
- Accurately complete production documentation. Understand and follow quality testing techniques.
- Use and maintain commercial cleaning equipment, pneumatic tools, impact tools, wrenches, grinders, buffers, precision gauges, measuring instruments, and equipment.
- Safely move, load, and unload engines and engine components within the shop area and from customer and/or company vehicles using physical labor, hand carts, overhead cranes, hoists, and/or forklift trucks. This position requires being on your feet most of the day, the ability to lift 80 lbs., upper body movement, bending, stooping, and twisting.
- A technical school degree, certification, or attendance in a mechanic or machining program.
- A person of high standards and character with a proven track record of accountability and reliability.
- A person with a strong personal work ethic who is self-motivated and able to follow processes and procedures while maintaining high productivity consistently.
- Knowledge of engines and engine components with a strong understanding of mechanical concepts and principles.
- Ability to use commercial cleaning equipment, hand & pneumatic tools, overhead hoists, and forklift trucks.
- Ability to work within a team in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment with a positive attitude.
- Ability to lift, push, pull, and/or carry parts up to 80 pounds multiple times and the ability to stand up to 10 hours per shift.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, qualifications, or physical demands associated with the position.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Thursday
- No nights
- No weekends
- May require overtime including Fridays.
Location: Reliably commute to Green Bay or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
License/Certification: Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: In person
Please complete all fields.